1. Who was your best friend? Emily
2. What sports did you play? None. I am the least athletic person ever.
3. What kind of car did you drive? There were two family cars, a white Ford Tempo and a brown Nissan station wagon. I drove both about equally.
4. It's Friday night, where were you? Working at the movie theater, then out to Lyon's (like Denny's but a tad nicer) for dinner/fries/goofing around afterwards.
5. Were you a party animal? Not particularly.
6. Were you considered a flirt? No. Too shy.
7. Ever skip school? Rarely. Maybe one full day a quarter, and an occasional class. Once I got in big trouble for faking a call from my dad.
8. Ever smoke? No.
9. Were you a nerd? Kind of? I did well in classes (although I got one of my only two Bs that year, due to senioritis) and had a reputation for being quiet and smart and wasn't totally socially "ept". But that year I made real friends for the first time, mostly in the drama crowd.
10. Did you get suspended/expelled? Never.
11. Can you sing the Alma Mater? I don't think we had one.
12. Who was your favorite teacher? The chorus director. And the physics teacher. I also really loved my English and history teachers from junior year.
13. Favorite class? Chorus. Academic class, probably physics.
14. What was your school's full name? Santa Rosa High School
15. School mascot? Panther
16. Did you go to Prom? Yes, with my boyfriend and a group of others. We wore Renaissance costumes -- some of the others were Ren Faire geeks, the rest of us rented. It was awesome. The pictures are fabulous.
17. If you could go back and do it over, would you? Probably not. But if forced, there are a few things I would do differently, mostly relating to boys (but isn't that always the way?)
18. What do you remember most about graduation? Project Graduation, the all night party afterwards. I spent the entire time with one particular friend. It was wonderful, and difficult, and complicated.
19. Favorite memory of your senior year? Might be connected to the school musical ("Damn Yankees"; I was in the chorus). Or seeing the school production of Rhinocerous. Senior cut day was also great fun -- spent the day in SF with several friends, wandering the Castro. It was the most I ever felt like a rebel.
20. Were you ever posted up on the senior wall? No idea what this means.
21. Did you have a job your senior year? Yes, at a local movie theater. Started out behind the candy counter but ended up mostly selling tickets. For a crap job I had a lot of fun doing it, and through it I made many friends as well as...
22. Who did you date? Eric. Met him through friends at the theater and we were together basically that whole year. He was my first real boyfriend. We attempted the long distance thing through my first semester of college (he was a year behind me) and that failed miserably. But overall it was a good experience. (There was also Dan. See wonderful, difficult, and complicated, above.)
23. Where did you go most often for lunch? I brought lunch most days. Then we'd go for frozen yogurt across the street.
24. Have you gained weight since then? Yes.
25. What did you do after graduation? Went to Bryn Mawr. Best decision I ever made.
26. When did you graduate? 1991.