This is one of those times where I leave my building to go into a meeting and am just tempted to keep walking. Why are the weather gods wasting perfect June weather on a workday?
- Encyclopaedia Britannica to experiment with user-contributed content. This would seem to be a classic case of "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em." Of course, names will be attached to articles and there will be more of an editing/vetting process. I'm really curious to see how this one comes out.
- Article on the joys of the personal library. I'm so jealous.
- Someone needs to take a deep breath and put down the Nicholson Baker.
- Three articles that I don't have time to read this morning, but that look really interesting:
- Out of Print: The death and life of the American newspaper
- Old Maids, Policeman, and Social Rejects: Mass Media Representations and Public Perceptions of Librarians
- The Library in the New Age
Consider this a placeholder for insightful commentary to come later.
- Last but certainly not least: happy birthday amybang!!!