1) WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE FOODS?
Pizza. Lasagna. Steak (especially with potatoes and mushrooms). Dark chocolate. Cinnamon rolls. Burritos smothered in red sauce. Cheeseburgers. Cheese just generally. Dungeness crab. Good bread.
2) WHAT FOODS DO YOU HATE?
This is a long list, but some of the highlights are: Bananas, apricots (all stone fruits really), spinach, lamb, cilantro, black pepper, goat cheese, most fish.
3) FOODS YOU LIKE BUT ARE EMBARRASSED TO ADMIT?
Kraft Macaroni and Cheese tops this list. Not the "good" organic or high-end brands, either; I don't really like them at all. The ultimate comfort food. Also hot dogs, but only the all-beef kind.
4) STRANGEST FOOD YOU'VE EATEN AND ENJOYED?
I'm not coming up with anything. I'm just too much of a picky eater.
5) COOKING FAILURES THAT STILL RANKLE?
Probably the first time we tried to make chow mein and burned all the noodles into the pan.
6) INGREDIENTS YOU DON'T WANT TO CONSIDER LIVING WITHOUT?
Cheese. Chocolate. Sugar. Tomatoes (oddly, I don't really like them raw, but cooked they form the basis for many of my very favorites).
7) CUISINE YOU'D LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT?
Chinese. T and I have experimented a little with Chinese cooking, to the point where we have a couple of dishes in our regular rotation, but I'd like to have more.
8) FOODS YOU HATED BUT HAVE GROWN TO LOVE?
Broccoli. I figured that one out as a teenager.