Updated with Answers -- sorry this took so long...
Another Playlist Shuffle Meme! See if you can guess the song title from the lyrics!
1. Put your playlist on shuffle.
2. Post the first lines to the first 25 (I only did 15) songs to come up (along with these instructions).
3. Have people guess the songs and artists in comments to the post.
4. Post the answers to the ones people guessed correctly. A couple of days later, post the first two lines of the ones no one got and get people to guess again.
5. Repeat, adding the next line to the unguessed songs each time, until they're all guessed/you've posted the whole song/you've gotten bored/no-one's going to get the damn thing if you don't tell them.
Notes: no duplicate artists (maybe with one expection, depending on your point of view). A few are obvious, others may be hard.
1. Growing in numbers / Growing in speed / Can't fight the future - "We Are All Made of Stars", Moby
2. You told me you loved me / So I don't understand - "Lies", The Thompson Twins, luvmoose
3. Look at you, you're young / Having so much fun / Gonna be a star - "David", Nellie McKay
4. What am I to wake up suddenly and then - "Never is Enough", Barenaked Ladies, luvmoose
5. Well I'm accustomed to a smooth ride - "The Obvious Child", Paul Simon, golfballgirl
6. Joan was quizzical, studied metaphysical - "Maxwell's Silver Hammer", The Beatles, anonamys
7. Just a castaway - "Message in a Bottle", The Police, luvmoose
8. The man in 119 takes his tea alone - "Verdi Cries", 10,000 Maniacs, letters_to_ed
9. Words like violence - "Enjoy the Silence", Depeche Mode, luvmoose
10. Lay my head on the surgeon's table - "Nothin' 'Bout Me", Sting, waterowl
11. I blame you for the moonlit sky - "Sleeping Satellite", Tasmin Archer, letters_to_ed
12. We come from a blue planet light-years away - "Humans From Earth", T-Bone Burnett, grue23
13. Once a year, my friend puts on a red suit - "Santa's Beard", They Might Be Giants, waterowl
14. You like snow but only if its warm - "Wake Up", Alanis Morrissette, luvmoose
15. So you'll be an Austrian nobleman / [title of song] / Which defies all earthly descriptions / [title of song] / With money you squeeze from the peasants - "Commissioning a Symphony in C", Cake