Step 1: Put your music player on shuffle.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 20 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing.
Step 3: Strike through the songs when someone guesses both artist and track correctly.
Step 4: Looking the lyrics up on a search engine is CHEATING! Though, really, can I stop you?
Step 5: If you like the game post your own.
I skipped instrumentals, of course, and classical. Also no duplicate bands. Somehow I ended up with 22, which makes up for the fact that some of these are pretty obscure. Have at it!
- Beware of the women who grind up men's hearts
- Drunk on wine, I'm amazing
- Well there's a Peter Pan moon, shepards' delight
- Can't close my eyes, I'm wide awake
- I'm your only friend, I'm not your only friend -- "Birdhouse in Your Soul", They Might Be Giants, peachespig
- Oh, do you know, where to go, where to go? -- "Sunday", The Cranberries, ovo_lexa
- We wish, no must, make our disgust at this abuse perfectly clear.
- The winter here's cold and bitter
- I want a trip inside your head -- Miracle Drug, U2, peachespig
- Drivin' in my Saab
- Time won't stand by forever if I know it's true
- So you're with her, not with me
- I know you've deceived me, now here's a surprise -- "I Can See for Miles", The Who, peachespig
- Sister bring my hat and coat and gloves to me
- And I was lost for words in your arms
- Love is a dress that you made
- Don't tell the director I said so -- "Miss Gradenko", The Police, ovo_lexa
- When I kiss your lips I just don't want to behave
- Six o'clock already -- "Manic Monday", The Bangles, peachespig
- From beneath the bedroom floor it is hunting me
- (hey man) Oh leave me alone you know
- This is the man that I plan to entangle, isn't he fine? -- "I'll Never Tell", Once More, With Feeling, dagas_isa