The Write Every Day in January Challenge
My personal rule for this challenge is simple: Write something every day in January. I'm not putting any sort of word count goals on myself; the idea, for me, is just to force myself to find time to write. There have been a number of things getting in my way lately, but one is this idea that it's not worth my time to work on writing unless I have a long block of time to devote to it. Not only is that kind of free time difficult to arrange, I'm not convinced that it's really necessary to make progress on writing. We'll see if that's true.
My rules and goals, in order of priority:
1. Write every day in January. (Where a "day" is defined as from the time I get up until the time I go to sleep, to avoid any stress around the looming hour of midnight.)
1-1/2. Post something at least once a week.
2. Finish prompts for "Out of the Comfort Zone" meme and my "fic exchange" with muggy_mountain.
3. Draft Chapter 4 of Aftermath.
4. Wrap up at least one outstanding WIP. (Paine/sword? Crimson Squad in Space? I need to check my files...)
5. Work on 30_fantasies claim.
As writing projects go, I think this one is perfect: it's a challenge but not out of reach (unlike, say, getyourwordsout, which I contemplated but eventually decided was too ambitious for me right now), and it directly attacks an issue I've been having with my writing. So here goes... Best to everyone else on my flist who is attempting this as well -- I know there are several. And thanks to Sev for coming up with the idea!
Edited for today's update: 454 words, pure draft, new story that's not represented in the above list. Off to a good start! :)