Words written: 8,366
Stories worked on: 7, plus the character sketch project
Stories posted: 5 -- 1 drabble for ff_fortnightly and 4 fic battle stories.
Total words for the year: 18,972
Stories posted for the year: 9
So I didn't do quite so well this month. All those skips. I'm frankly amazed I got even half that many words written -- credit the kiss battle for that one. I partly blame the concert month, and I partly blame some other distractions, and I partly blame myself for being so easily distracted. I spent the vast majority of my writing time this month working on one story, which I am now deeply into editing. This is good for the finishing of stories and not so good for the wordcounts. But editing is such an important part of writing, it seems somehow unfair that it doesn't get to count. If anyone can think of a better way for me to give myself "credit" for extensive editing, I'd love to hear it. ;)
Anyway, specific goals:
1. Write or do some substantial editing every day of the month (Mondays and Thursdays excepted). Not too badly -- I only missed two days, both during concert week, and I wrote on a couple of allowed "days off".
2. Finish FF in Space story. I completed the first draft, which is pretty bloated at 13,000 words. Not that 13,000 words is too long for a story, in the abstract, but it's too long for *this* story. But I have a good idea of how I'm going to reorganize and punch it up. Hopefully it works, and I can get it into beta before I go to Seattle next week.
3. Post at least two stories. Successful, but almost all of them were kiss battle stories. Not that there's anything wrong with kiss battle stories ;) but my goal with those is to get them finished fairly quickly, without overthinking them, and so they're not as polished as my other work. I'm glad I wrote them, though; they were fun.
4. Make progress on Chapter 4 of Aftermath. Does 230 words and a little bit of editing count as progress?
So, not so bad, but could have been better. So now the question is, do I dial back on the goals, or step up the writing? I think I'll do a little bit of both. Therefore, my goals for March:
1. Write or do some substantial editing every day of the month, Thursdays and my time in Seattle excepted. (No free pass for Mondays -- chorus is off this month.)
2. Finish and post the FF in Space story.
3. Make substantial progress on Aftermath.
4. Write at least one story for ff_fortnightly.