Days written: 21/31
Words written: 9,734 (32,693 for the year)
Words of fic written: 5,055
Stories worked on: 4
Stories posted: 1
Chapters of "Aftermath" posted: 1! \o/
1. Write an average of six days per week. Ha. Hahahahaha. Ha.
In retrospect, I should really have factored the release of FFXIII last month into my plans. Although I couldn't have predicted that T was going to want to play every night after dinner. Probably I'm lucky to have written on as many days as I did.
2. Finish and post at least one more story (ideally two) from the Alphabet Fic Meme. Posted one, and completely drafted another. Check.
3. Finish and post "Aftermath" Chapter 4 (depending on beta) and/or complete an outline for Chapter 5. Yes!!!! Chapter 4 is done and live! This makes up for everything. If I fail every other single thing I set out to do this year and get "Aftermath" finished, I will count 2010 as a success. Also got a few thousand words of Chapter 5 written.
Missed one goal, got two. Not so bad, given the delusions I was laboring under when I set them...
So I want to set more realistic goals for April, but it's tricky without knowing what my FFEX assignment will be. Between that, FFXIII, and a business trip/vacation at the end of the month, let's keep it modest:
1. Write five days per week. (I really hate to bring this number down from six, but better that right now, I think, than set it too high. Realistic goals, that's the watchword.)
2. Finish the current WIP for the Alphabet Fic Meme and draft at least one more.
3. Write first draft of FFEX assignment.
4. Complete first draft of rules/documentation for Mega Flare. (That counts as a writing project, doesn't it?) (And hell yes, that name is going to stick. Why would I ever give that up?)
This may or may not help catch me up on getyourwordsout -- I'm now more than 15,000 words behind the pace, eep! -- but at least it will get me started. FFEX did wonders for my productivity last year, so here's hoping.