Days written: 24/30
Words written: 17,982 (50,675 for the year)
Words of fic written: 13,613 (excellent)
Stories worked on: 4
Stories posted: 2
Brains eaten by FFXIII plotbunnies: 1
My biggest month ever for wordcount since I started keeping track off and on in January 2009. And my FFEX fic is almost entirely to blame.
1. Write five days per week. I did a little better than that. Having this goal enabled me to carve out at least a little time to write on almost every day of my trip (I only missed one), although I think it had as much to do with being excited about my FFEX story.
2. Finish the current WIP for the Alphabet Fic Meme and draft at least one more. Finished the WIP but didn't get any of the others done or even started -- I was seized by the urge to write for FFXIII instead.
3. Write first draft of FFEX assignment. In progress, good progress made.
4. Complete first draft of rules/documentation for megaflare_ff/ megaflare_ff. Done! And very excited, although it's all on the back burner to FFEX right now.
I did better on my goals than any month this year so far -- three clear hits, one half-miss -- and I even made up a teeny bit of ground on getyourwordsout, although I'll be content with treading water on that, at least for now.
Goals for May, with the caveat that any item below the first two can be deprioritized if I get tapped for FFEX backup duty:
1. Finish primary FFEX fic. Top priority, ahead of any other possible writing goal. No questions asked.
2. Write at least five days per week. (More travel this month, plus major work deadlines. I'll try to get it back up to six in June.)
3. Write secondary FFEX fic and begin preliminary plotting/outlining of fic for megaflare_ff. Also write official Mega Flare FAQ and other supporting documentation.
4. Make some sort of progress on "Aftermath" and/or the Alphabet Fic Meme, which I should not let slide entirely in all this excitement.