Comment with "Come at me," and:
- I'll respond by asking you five questions so I can get to know you better.
- Update your journal with the answers to the questions.
- Include this explanation in the post and offer to ask other people questions.
I love this meme and can never resist it. This time, the questions come from regann.
1. What's the best thing about your job/career?
I get to shop for books with other people's money.
No, actually, that's the silly answer, although I have to confess that it's a pretty fun perk. The actual best thing about being a librarian is that I don't have to know everything, I just know how to find everything out. Knowledge is power.
2. What is the best candy on earth? (AKA, your favorite)
Ooh, that's hard. Because I have a serious sweet tooth. But I guess if I had to pick one, it would be the Maya Gold chocolate bar from Green & Black's. High-quality dark chocolate with orange and spices. Yum, yum.
3. What's your favorite TV show, either currently or of all time?
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Although Avatar: The Last Airbender is becoming a strong contender for that honor. Clearly, I like TV shows with colons in their titles.
4. Mixtape of your life -- what's the grand finale track?
Talking Heads, "This Must be the Place"
Because it's about being settled, and happy with the life you've made for yourself, and I can't think of a better way to wrap things up.
5. What's something you want more of in your fandom(s)?
In Final Fantasy, I would love to see a more active community. We go in boom and bust cycles, but overall it feels like things have really been slowing down over the last few years, and I would like to see more life in things like FYFF and the Kiss Battle.
As for my shiny new fandom, Dragon Age, I need to get out there and meet more people who are active in it. The community exists, so this is all on me, not the fandom. Partly this is due to being a game behind and therefore treading lightly to avoid spoilers, but hopefully I won't have that excuse for much longer! So at that point it will just be about getting over my nervousness about meeting new people.
This entry is also posted at http://owlmoose.dreamwidth.org/534829.html. There are currently comments on DW.