* Ridden multiple subways.
* Admired the Chrysler Building, Grand Central Station, and the Empire State Building, the latter complete with rainbow lighting in honor of Pride weekend.
* Sat on the steps of the New York City Public Library.
* Been to Roosevelt Island -- twice.
* Eaten a bagel, soup dumplings, a hot dog, a diner meal, and real New York pizza.
* Visited two museums (the Noguchi Museum and the USS Intrepid).
* Walked the High Line (rapidly becoming one of my favorite places in New York).
* Seen fireworks.
* Walked across the Brooklyn Bridge -- for the first time ever!
* Checked out the Manhattan skyline from Queens, Brooklyn, and even New Jersey.
My feet hurt, but it's worth it.
I've been posting pictures and offhand thoughts on Twitter -- iamkj -- so if you want to follow along, that's the best place. Otherwise, check this space for pics and stuff sometime next week! Hope you are all well (or as well as can be expected; I have been checking in, but more than quick comments are hard to do on the phone.)
This entry is also posted at http://owlmoose.dreamwidth.org/536140.html. There are currently comments on DW.