* Walking across the Brooklyn Bridge at sunset.
* The view of lower Manhattan from Brooklyn and Liberty Island.
* My unironic patriotic love for the Statue of Liberty. On the other hand, my feelings about the 9/11 memorials around the World Trade Center are much more mixed.
* Sitting on a rock in Central Park and watching the world go by.
* Bryant Park. Especially the Bryant Park Reading Room.
* The view from the top of Rockefeller Center (aka "Top of the Rock").
* Craft. Not a cheap experience (to put it mildly), but an easy pick for one of my top five meals ever.
* The High Line at night.
* Visiting in the summer. I keep going to New York in the winter for some reason. Summer is so much better. (Especially when you get lucky with the weather and there's never a high above 86 degrees, and it doesn't rain at all.)
More stories and pictures to come, especially pictures once T gets his processed. He has some beauties...
This entry is also posted at http://owlmoose.dreamwidth.org/536360.html. There are currently comments on DW.