Words written: 16,277
Words of fic written: 14,130
Stories worked on: Somewhere between 3 and 6 (I have a bunch of DA fragments that could be one story, or several; we'll have to see how they come together.)
Stories posted: One (in four separate chapters)
Specific goals progress:
1. Write an average of six days per week. On average, yes.
2. Finish "Aftermath". No, I didn't even touch it. I can blame this on the fact that the draft is still in beta, but if I'm being honest, I probably would have focused on "The Prodigal" instead anyway. >.>
3. Finish megaflare_ff documentation and start fleshing out my story idea. Yes on the documentation, a little on the idea. It needs a lot more help, though.
4. Complete draft of current DA WIP. Completed and posted!
5. Write at least one more newgameplus story. Totally failed on this one. I may still write more of the prompts, but it'll have to be in the free-for-all phase. Although one of the prompts is inspiring my Mega Flare, does that count?
Considering that I ignored my week's vacation when I was setting these goals, I don't think I did too badly.
As long as I'm here at the halfway mark, how about we check in on progress for my goals for 2011 as a whole?
1. Successfully hit the getyourwordsout target. Ahead of pace -- I'm currently at 90,281. I am, in fact, almost on the 200,000 word pace, although that's entirely due to how much I wrote in May.
2. Finish "Aftermath" -- completely: signed, sealed, and delivered -- by the end of June. No, but I'm pretty sure it will be done by the end of the summer.
3. Finish more WIPs than I start. I think this is probably a no, if only because I'm being consumed by a new fandom, which is conducive to starting new WIPs rather than finishing old ones...
4. Participate in at least one Big Bang other than megaflare_ff and/or at least one exchange other than FFEX. I haven't ventured into a new Big Bang yet, but I have participated in another Porn Battle and
5. Write at least three journal entries per week and at least one on a substantial topic. This one, I feel like I've fallen down on entirely, especially the substantial topics part. I've done a couple of projects -- the Vorkosigan Saga reviews, the 30 days of FF meme, the FogCon write-ups -- but none of those have carried over into regular writing momentum. I'll need to contemplate this.
Okay, enough of the check-ins; how about July?
1. Write at least six days per week (not wimping out with the "average" this time; I have no travel, so I have no excuse).
2. Write and post areyougame claim.
3. Finish "Aftermath", pending beta.
4. Turn Dragon Age fragments into actual story.
5. Outline and more on megaflare_ff story.
Yep, that looks good.
This entry is also posted at http://owlmoose.dreamwidth.org/536723.html. There are currently comments on DW.