Words written: 21,872
Words of fic written: 19,307
Stories worked on: Five and two ficbits
Stories posted: Five (one ongoing WIP) and the ficbits
New fandoms helped to create: One (insert image of mind being blown here)
Goals for August are.... yeah. Let's just say my priorities changed, just a little.
1. Write an average of six days per week (really). This one I pretty much blew right past.
2. Finish and post the Everyone Moves Into Stark Tower fic. Done! And it became, within three or so days of posting, my most viewed story on the Archive. Large fandoms, good grief.
3. Make serious progress on Wardens of Ivalice, whether that means writing or hammering out the background/meta issues that I've left hanging for several months now. ...yeah, not so much. I think I have to officially admit that this one is on hiatus for the time being.
4. Start work on my dragonagebb story. Not officially, but I did clean up and crosspost all my Kasia Brosca ficbits to AO3 last weekend, which was an important step towards getting her back in my head. I need to sit down and write a post about my plans for this soon, and maybe get a little help, but I have a major WIP distraction to get out of my way first.
So if I basically ignored two of my four goals in August, what did I do instead? A few things, but mainly: write a Cinders fic. Well, two, technically, but one of them was pretty short. The one that claimed my attention and most of my writing time this month -- and is already 12,000 words and definitely not finished -- is a Cinders/Perrault story inspired by a prompt someone left on the Tumblr community. I always knew it wouldn't be short, but I wasn't expecting it to be this long either. I'm also trying something else new, as mentioned here: posting each scene to Tumblr as it's finished rather than waiting for the complete story to be finished, or even breaking it into chapters. For awhile there, I was getting a new segment up every day; I've slowed down since, but I expect it will pick back up again once I get through the transitional section I'm working on at the moment. It's made for an interesting exercise, although I know I wouldn't want to post every story this way, and I will definitely want to go back and clean things up before I post the entire thing.
So, where does that leave me with September? (Which is going to be a really damn weird month...)
1. Write at least five days a week -- giving myself the cushion because of all the job stuff. Lots of stuff to wrap up, and job hunting is going to have to take at least some level of priority.
2. Finish "Right Hand Woman" (and maybe think of a better title, I still don't love it...)
3. Start actual work on my dragonagebb story.
That doesn't look like much, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be enough.
This entry is also posted at http://owlmoose.dreamwidth.org/596552.html. There are currently comments on DW.