1. The Winter quarter concert is over, and it went well. Now we're on a brief break until April, when we start rehearsals for Beethoven's Ninth. That's such an awe-inspiring piece, and I'm really looking forward to it.
2. DOINK! sign-ups are open through Friday!
It's no exaggeration to say that DOINK is my favorite event on the fandom calendar, except maybe the Kiss Battles. I've been participating in DOINK since the very beginning, and I've gotten and produced some of my very favorite stories in the process. If you are at all interested, check it out. Even if you can't make the official schedule work, the mods are always in need of betas and pinch-hitters (I find writing pinch-hits to be especially satisfying).
3. I just realized that I never posted anything about my latest cat drama. I think I've mentioned before that one of my cats, Tori, started having occasional seizures about a year ago. The Saturday before my birthday, she suddenly had three seizures in six hours, so we decided an emergency trip to the vet was in order. The good news is that they couldn't find anything else wrong with her, which means the bad news is that she has epilepsy and will probably need to be on medication for the rest of her life. Fortunately, she hasn't had a seizure since; unfortunately, the side effects make her a little wobbly on her feet, so she can't run and jump quite like she used to. There is almost nothing sadder than a clumsy cat. :\ T has gotten the pilling routine pretty well down, but I can't make it work at all -- the last time I tried was the day she learned how to spit the pill out. We have liquid meds, but she fights the dropper even more than the pills. So we roll with it, and make it part of our routine, and I feel guilty that I can't help out more. Poor kitty.
4. Is anyone surprised that I started playing FFX-2 right after finishing FFX? No? I didn't think so. In other fandomy things, I am still doing the 30 Day Grey Warden Challenge, but I've decided to post my answers only on Tumblr. If you're interested, you can follow along on this tag, and I'll probably also do a master post when I'm finished. Speaking of master posts, I really need to make one for the DA Kiss Battle, and I'll plan on doing that this week. Hold me to that, Internets.
5. Although it might be a challenge with cat care, I'm planning an overnight trip to Napa with some friends next month, as part of my extended birthday celebration. Hey, I turned 40. That rates a birthday month, doesn't it? Despite living in the SF Bay Area since 1986, I've almost never been to Napa, so I'm looking forward to that, too.
This entry is also posted at http://owlmoose.dreamwidth.org/625752.html. There are currently comments on DW.