Words written: 6,425
Words of fic written: 3,587
Words written in 2014: 61,721 (gah)
Stories worked on: Three and two ficlets
Stories posted: One, plus the ficlets
1. Write six days per week except while traveling. Ha. Ha ha ha ha.
2. Finish my dragonagewomen story. I do, in fact, have a complete first draft, as of yesterday. I'm not crazy about it though. Wasn't there supposed to be a check-in at some point this month? I should look into that.
3. Retrieve a genprompt_bingo card; write and post at least one story. Successful, although I'm not super excited by that story, either. This is the theme of the month -- I'm just not feeling any inspiration at all.
4. Make progress on Wardens of Ivalice. Nope, didn't even open it.
5. Post to DW/LJ at least twice a week. Technically yes, although one post was just a pointer to my Cold Steel co-review on ladybusiness.
I am sort of afraid to look at my 2014 goals, but June is over, so it's time. Here goes:
1. Keep to personal monthly goals and check in with ushobwri at least three times a month. I'm doing pretty well with the community check-ins. I haven't decided whether they help me keep to goals or not. I probably hit more goals than I miss, although May and June have been pretty slow.
2. Substantially post or crosspost to DW/LJ at least three times a week. Nope. I even made a point of it this month and barely made twice a week. I think about writing posts, even go so far as to work on them (I have a substantial start on an entry about Agents of SHIELD), but then it takes too long, and it feels like the moment is lost. I'm really not sure what to do about this.
3. Write and post at least one non-Dragon Age fic per month. As I add more fandoms, this gets easier all the time. It also helps, I guess, that DA is in a between-installments lull.
4. Finish An Unlikely Partnership and make substantial progress on Wardens of Ivalice, with an eye to finishing that as well. Nope. My struggles with these two stories are already well-documented, so I'll just leave it at that.
This month had all kinds of distractions -- Hugo reading (which I swear I will post about soon), game replays, travel, local events, various health issues, and a shiny new time sink in the form of Flight Rising, a dragon breeding game (I gather it's similar to Neopets) that took my Tumblr friends by storm. Signups were open early last month; I joined more or less for the hell of it, and have discovered it to be more engaging than expected. I'll post about that soon, too. But like all projects, I'll have to figure out some way to better balance it with everything else I do.
The other problem is that I'm just not that inspired right now -- not by my writing projects, not by my prose. I've had these funks before, and the only way around them is to work through them, so I'll keep plugging away, but it's tough. If anyone has any inspiration dust to sprinkle my way, I would very much appreciate it.
Goals for July:
1. Write six days per week. NO EXCUSES. Even if it's just 10 minutes a day. Do it, self.
2. Revise and update guest post for ladybusiness.
3. Polish and crosspost genprompt_bingo fic and write at least one more.
4. Finish dragonagewomen story (and post? I need a better handle on the schedule).
5. Work on Tumblr giveaway fic.
This entry is also posted at http://owlmoose.dreamwidth.org/678204.html. There are currently comments on DW.