The rules: Post one sentence, with no context, from all of your WIP. Then tag five other people to do the same. Except I'm not going to tag anyone, but I would encourage everyone to do it. :) It's good for pulling things out of the cobwebs.
Here are mine, for fairly generous definitions of "in progress" and "one sentence". Some of you might recognize some of these.
- The candles burned out, one by one, as Teagan waited, alone in the parlor.
- Varric checked the map. “I don’t know why I’m even looking at this,” he said, crumpling it up and sticking it back in his pack.
- "Miss Leandra?" he said, eyebrows half up, his Starkhaven accent sharp. "And where are you going, alone, at this hour?"
- "You wanted to fly, right? Here’s your chance."
- "Beautiful and deadly," said Penelo. "At least we don’t have to worry about darkspawn."
- It was, in fact, a man Yuna had never seen before, with dark blond hair, a sharp nose, and a sort of machina weapon slung over his shoulder. And unless she was mistaken, very much alive.
- "I will return with Jack Sparrow in chains, or not at all," Alice replied, making a brief, stiff curtsey.
This entry is also posted at http://owlmoose.dreamwidth.org/684067.html. There are currently comments on DW.