Words written: 10,035
Words of fic written: 8,332
Stories worked on: Five and several ficlets
Stories posted: Two, plus ficlets
1. Write five days a week. Almost. The fact that I didn't even make this reduced goal is fairly annoying.
2. Finish DARBB story and ladybusiness post (both due in September). Success!
3. Settle on a direction for Tumblr giveaway story and stick with it, finish at least a draft. I made some progress, anyway. This is sort of the ultimate "writing the story to find out what happens" story for me.
4. Write something for the Chocobo Races. Complete!. A story featuring Yuna and Balthier that I actually started as a potential gift a couple of rounds back. I decided another prompt was speaking to me more, but I saved the snippet and worked it up into something.
I guess, since it's September, I should check in on my annual goals. Even though I don't really want to.
1. Keep to personal monthly goals and check in with ushobwri at least three times a month. Continue to keep hitting the check-ins, and the encouragement I get from folks when I post snippets and links is always helpful. Monthly goals continue to be a struggle this year, especially around the writing schedule.
2. Substantially post or crosspost to DW/LJ at least three times a week. Still not hitting this. Twice a week has been more my speed. November is coming up faster than I want to admit; should I even try to do daily posting this year? Part of me recoils from the though. Part of me thinks that's a good reason to do it.
3. Write and post at least one non-Dragon Age fic per month. This continues to not really be difficult for me. I think I am likely to drop it as a goal in 2015; multi-fannishness is now a habit that I'm unlikely to lose.
4. Finish An Unlikely Partnership and make substantial progress on Wardens of Ivalice, with an eye to finishing that as well. I did work a little bit on Wardens of Ivalice this summer. I don't even know what to do with An Unlikely Partnership. It needs a plot. I know I left one around here somewhere...
So, it could be worse, but it could also be much better, and my writing time is going to get more constrained going forward (in part because of an upcoming trip), even as I still have many projects I want to work on. Modest goals for October, then:
1. Write five days a week -- that's per week, not on average -- except while traveling.
2. Finish two of three pending giveaway stories.
3. Finish MCU story that I started late this month.
4. Work on Wardens of Ivalice.
This entry is also posted at http://owlmoose.dreamwidth.org/685739.html. There are currently comments on DW.