maybethings tagged me in a first lines meme, which as far as I can tell is posting 10 first lines from things I've written. Without context, have some first lines:
- The first thing Steve knew, after the cold and the dark and the pain like being slammed into a brick wall, was the familiar cadence of a ballgame.
- It had seemed inappropriate to hold any sort of wedding festivities on the actual nuptial day of the King and Queen of Ferelden, given that the Blight had ended not even a week before, and so a formal ceremony was called three months later, complete with foreign dignitaries, a feast, and dancing.
- Alistair woke in the dead of night -- jolting upright, writhing body twisted in soaked sheets -- and knew it was time.
- "I still don’t understand why you forgave me, but I’m grateful that you did."
- Once upon a time, there was a young summoner named Yuna.
- Carlos snaps his head toward the radio and stops breathing.
- The entrance of the church is dark and quiet, a stark contrast to the bright sunshine just outside, to the sounds of the street now muffled by the heavy wooden door.
- "Hey Tasha, it's Clint, and it's Day 47 of watching a bunker in the middle of nowhere."
- ""They say that Princess Ashelia died of grief."
- The newly minted Judge stood before Drace's desk, his arms stiff at his sides, his face hidden beneath a black helm. </ul>
I don't think I'll tag anyone here, just invite anyone who wants to do it to give it a try. It's a worthwhile exercise, this little jog down fic memory lane. :)
This entry is also posted at http://owlmoose.dreamwidth.org/720691.html. There are currently comments on DW.