Rules: 1. Always repost the rules 2. Answer the 11 random questions posted for you 3. Create 11 new ones and tag 11 people 4. Let the person who tagged you know that you answered
Tagging lassarina, umadoshi, alias_sqbr, sathari, spindizzy, forestofglory and brennacedria -- optional as always, and if anyone else wants to answer, feel free!
1. Do you have a ghost story that happened to you or one of your family? Sadly not, nothing like this in my personal history or family lore.
2. In the land of infinite money, what would your house be like? A San Francisco Victorian of modern construction with hardwood floors, bay windows big enough for reading, a fully-equipped kitchen, an attic library with tons of bookshelves, a fireplace, and a stunning view, and a small back yard with a grill and a hot tub. While I'm dreaming, it would also have two dedicated parking spaces, be close to a freeway onramp, AND Muni, and walking distance to a shopping district.
3. Cats, dogs, or alternate? Cats cats cats cats. Dogs are okay, other animals are okay, but cats are the pet of my heart, and I can't imagine living without one or two in my home. Just ask the one wandering around on my desk making trouble right now.
4. What’s your favorite comfort food? This can vary, but usually comes down to chocolate in some form. Hot chocolate, fancy chocolate bars, chocolate chip cookies, and cookie dough ice cream are some of my favorites.
5. Do you have a favorite historical mystery (e.g., Lindbergh baby kidnapping, Voynich manuscript, etc)? The disappearance of Amelia Earhart. Her accomplishments amaze and inspire me. Sometimes I think it's a shame that her story came to such an uncertain ending, but on the other hand, it adds to her mystique.
6. What’s your favorite jewelry/accessory item? I'm such a jewelry fiend that this is a hard question to answer. I have a tough time resisting shiny things in general, and though I don't much care for rings or bracelets, I'm very often drawn to necklaces and earrings. My favorites are pendents and moderately-large dangling earrings, especially in silver or bright colors. Lately, I've been wearing owl earrings carved of wood a lot, and getting lots of complements on them. I'm also very fond of my engagement ring, for aesthetic as well as sentimental reasons -- it's white gold inset with five square-cut sapphires.
7. Is there a character in any of your fandoms with whom you identify that might surprise some people who know you? This is a tough one for me, more because I don't often identify closely with characters on a personal level than because those who I do identify with would be surprising. I usually identify with bookish/writerly types and Team Moms, and I think most folks would say those tropes fit me pretty well.
8. What was (or is) your major in college, if you attended? My major was Urban Studies (technically Growth and Structure of Cities, for those of you who know what that means), and I also picked up a minor in math. At the time, I thought I wanted to be an architect; turned out I was wrong, but I still love architecture and city planning.
9. Favorite Star Trek captain? Benjamin Sisko, commander of Deep Space Nine and captain of the Defiant. Much as I like Picard and Janeway, this is absolutely no contest. DS9 is my favorite Trek and Sisko is a large reason why. I love his relationships with Kassidy and Jake, his friendship with Dax and complex relationship with Kira, the ways in which he confronts issues of moral complexity.
10. Mac, Windows, or other? Mac -- I've never owned a computer that wasn't one. I'm comfortable with Windows, having used it for work almost exclusively, but I'll always pick a Mac for myself.
11. Rec me a fic in any fandom of your choosing! I don't know how much this will mean to anyone not familiar with the characters, but I recently appreciated Disguises and Deceptions, a Critical Role fic by pagerunner. Percy de Rolo and Raishan in an alternate take on Episode 70; an awkward conversation with a shapeshifter who takes on many masks.
My questions! Some of these are stolen from past iterations of the meme.
1. If you could learn to cook/bake any one dish, what would it be?
2. Top obsession of the moment?
3. Hit shuffle on your music player. What is the next song that plays? Do you associate it with anything?
4. What kind of phone do you have? Do you like it? Add a dream feature to it.
5. Favorite video game villain (or TV/movie villain if you don't play games).
6. What movie are you most looking forward to in 2017?
7. Socks or no socks?
8. Fighter, rogue, cleric, or mage: Which character type is your favorite? Which do you think you would be?
9. What's your favorite kind of weather?
10. Coffee, tea, neither, or both?
11. (Keeping this one) Rec me a fic in any fandom of your choosing.
This entry is also posted at http://owlmoose.dreamwidth.org/759428.html. There are currently comments on DW.