RULES // POST 10 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT YOURSELF AND PASS IT ON 15 PEOPLE
1. I love coffee and used to run on the stuff, but I had to cut back because of reflux reasons. I'll drink one regular each morning, then switch to decaf after lunch.
2. I am considerably more likely to enjoy a video game if it has good music. Right now I'm rediscovering the Phoenix Wright series and how much I love the Cornered! theme, one of the most epic songs ever.
3. I'm really nearsighted and have been almost my entire life. I got my first pair of glasses at age 6, then switched to contacts when I was 16. I've not seriously considered surgery even though I'm well within the range where it could be fixed (-6.50 in the right eye, -7.50 in the left). If I ever get to a point where I can't wear contacts anymore, I might think about it more.
4. I have a hard time just watching TV and not doing something with my hands meanwhile. Lately, it's hand-held games that don't have time constraints and don't take a whole lot of thought -- Flight Rising coliseum battles, Angry Birds, Bubble Spinner, things like that. I've considered trying out adult coloring books for this purpose, too.
5. I don't like raw tomatoes, but cooked into sauce they are one of my favorite foods.
6. Meanwhile, I'm happy to eat whole or slivered almonds, but anything flavored with almond oil, or that involved almonds ground up, I can't stand.
7. Although I consider myself a Californian through and through, I was born in Ohio, then lived in small-town Iowa until I was 13. (That's when we moved to CA, and except for college I've lived here ever since.)
8. The first time I ever drove a car, my family's Volkswagen camper, I got confused driving around the streets where we lived, mixed up the accelerator and the brake, and plowed into a fence. The neighbor was very nice about not reporting the accident, but we did have to pay for the fence and some rosebushes.
9. When I was in sixth grade, my music teacher broke us into different vocal parts for the first time. I was assigned to sing alto, and I was so upset at not getting to sing the melody that I actually cried. Fortunately, it didn't take long for me to discover the joys of harmonizing, and now I can't imagine singing any other way.
10. Today is my 44th birthday. The older I get, the less I stress about age as a number. Am I exactly where I expected I'd be at 24, or even 34? Not especially, but for the most part I'm content with where I ended up.
Tagging! On DW/LJ I will tag umadoshi, lassarina, firecat, elainegrey, heavenscalyx, and spindizzy. Totally optional as always. :)
This entry is also posted at http://owlmoose.dreamwidth.org/770121.html. There are currently comments on DW.